Benefits of Living in Military Housing
March 31, 2018
Military housing is one of the biggest perks of military service. Whether you're a single person or you have a family, the military offers paid housing options for every type of situation. Here are just a few of the biggest benefits to living in military housing — even aside from the rent coverage.
- Rent allotment. The main reason many people take advantage of military housing is because it is covered by your branch of the military. If there isn't military housing available in your area, the military offers a basic allowance for housing.
- No credit checks or deposits. Unlike traditional housing, military housing does not require credit checks or any type of deposit when you apply or sign a lease.
- Included average utilities. Even if you can afford the rent at a particular apartment, utilities may set you over budget. Luckily, military housing includes an average of all utilities, such as gas, water and electricity.
- The community feel. Military housing makes it easy to become close with your neighbors and make friends within the community by hosting parties, deployment support services, homecoming events, summer activities for the kids, and other fun events.
- The convenient location. When you live in military housing, you'll always be just minutes from base.